Pubmatic tag

DoubleClick tag


Monday, September 3, 2007

Fall Movie Preview!

Seeing as how we're in the middle of the end-of-summer No Man's Zone for new releases, I thought I'd compile a list of fall movies to get the blood pumpin a bit =)

THE GOOD
3:10 to Yuma (9/7/07)- while Christian Bale can do no wrong in my book Russell Crowe can and HAS done plenty wrong. Still, the reviews are great - currently holding at 93% on Rotten Tomatoes
Shoot 'Em Up (9/7/07)- I'm hoping for a Sin City-meets-Hot Shots! mix. But if I don't have a seizure during these high intensity action scenes they've been touting I'm going to be disappointed
Across The Universe (9/14/07) - a bit of a left field pick, but I just love the premise - a Baz Luhrmann-like musical based on Beatles songs and directed by the artist behind Broadway's "The Lion King"
30 Days of Night (10/19/07) - Sam Raimi (director of the Spiderman trilogy) returns to his horror roots with a comic-book adaptation that vows to make vampires the new zombies
The Comebacks (10/26/07) - as a sports genre parody, this runs a good chance of being as bad as Scary Movie or Date Movie. Still, the trailer makes me giggle, and I'm eager to see some favorites (Dodgeball, Remember the Titans, etc) get the spoof treatment.
American Gangster (11/2/07) - Denzel Washington plays your friendly neighborhood drug lord
Beowulf (11/16/07) - I'm not gonna lie, when I first saw the trailer I didn't even notice that the entire thing was computer animated. This stunning retelling of the Beowulf legend includes lots of backstory with Grendel's mother, a Tomb-Raider version of Angelina Jolie

THE BAD
Heavily-marketed movies that I haven't been impressed with so far:
The Brothers Solomon (Will Arnett and Will Forte), The Brave One (Jodie Foster), Good Luck Chuck (Jessica Alba), The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford (Brad Pitt), The Kingdom (Jamie Foxx), Lust, Caution (Ang Lee), The Darjeeling Limited (Wes Anderson, Owen Wilson), The Heartbreak Kid (Ben Stiller), Michael Clayton (George Clooney), We Own the Night (Joaquin Pheonix), Fred Claus (Vince Vaughn)

THE UGLY
Movies I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole. If someone invites you to one of these, politely decline or run away screaming:
Resident Evil: Extinction, The Jane Austen Book Club, Saw IV, Bee Movie, Dr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium, Enchanted, Hitman, Pathology

No comments: