Pubmatic tag

DoubleClick tag


Sunday, September 30, 2007

Fall TV - Hits and Misses


"Why are British people always the most compelling Americans on TV?"

From what I've seen so far:

Hits:
No sophomore slump for Heroes (Thurs 9pm NBC) - the writing is as sharp as ever and it looks like all the favs from season 1 return with even more character development in the works. I've also been charmed by Kevin Smith's Reaper (Tues 9pm CW) (yay for Sock!) and surprisingly wowed by the cleverly edited, zen-inspired cop drama Life (Wed 10pm NBC).

Misses:
Chuck (Mon 8pm NBC) has the potential to be fun but also carries that swarmy spy cliche like a bad tan - fingers crossed that this ends up better than VIP, She Spies, or Dark Angel. Family Guy (Sun 9pm Fox) is also showing signs of age and is playing it too safe, America's Next Top Model is kinda boring and Journeyman (Mon 10pm NBC) is disjointed with badly cast female leads and a ho-hum premise (such a waste of Kevin McKidd!).

Shows I'm still watching: Heroes, Reaper, Life, Family Guy, America's Next Top Model
Shows I'll probably pick up when they premiere: South Park, Scrubs, 30 Rock, Ugly Betty, Project Runway
Shows on DVD that I'm watching: Weeds season 2, Extras season 2

1 comment:

Rachel said...

You and your undying Kevin Smith love obsession!
I tried Reaper, but honestly since the pilot I think it's gotten a little formulaic bordering on boring.

I say give Chuck another chance. The second episode was god awful but the 3rd and 4th ones were both pretty cute!